Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Special Assets Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: 17
Report to: Executive Vice President
The principal function of the job will be to develop specific strategies to rehabilitate the credit returning the loan to standard credit status or developing an exit strategy for the credit. In addition the Special Assets Manager will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of loan and OREO assets until liquidated. Responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of loan and OREO assets identified as needing special attention or specific expertise including strategies to rehabilitate the credit, returning the loan to standard credit status or developing an exit strategy for the credit or OREO. This person will work closely with the Bank’s Executive Vice President, Senior Vice President of Legal and Credit Administration.
The accountabilities of this job are as follows:
1) Assist lenders prior to legal/collections. This may include visits to identified customers for on-site inspection of described collateral.
2) Manage assigned special assets including workouts, litigation, etc. to ensure minimal risk to bank and maximized recovery of debts need.
3) Once special asset is assigned, meets with customer on a regular basis, monitors financial performance, establishes action plans to correct problem issues, monitors collateral and provides continuous diligence to mitigate loss exposure to Bank.
4) Develops and implements strategies to recover principal from borrower whose non-performing loans have been charged off.
5) Provides recommendations to credit administration relative to structuring and receiving credits to reduce fundamental weakness in company’s credit policies.
The secondary accountabilities of this job are as follows:
1) Attend credit administration loan committee meetings as required.
2) Completes required training sessions.
3) Monitors weekly overdraft report.
4) Completes special projects as assigned.
5) Performs other responsibilities as directed by management.
The computer skills necessary to perform this job successfully are an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio; and an aptitude and willingness to learn to other software applications as necessary.
The qualifications for this job are as follows:
· Five years or more of collection management, or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education or experience.
· Strong knowledge of Ag, Commercial, Commercial Real Estate, and SBA & FSA lending processes and regulations. Strong knowledge of credit underwriting.
· Effective/ strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong negotiation skills. Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Strong skill set in the use of computer software applications. Solid understanding of collateral and loan documentation.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and position will require some travel.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- 10 Key Calculator
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System; and
- Credit Administration Software Applications.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.