Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Senior System Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: 17
Report to: Director of Technology
This position demonstrates exceptional technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and works to develop system objectives relative to the company’s business requirements; to include the production computing environment as well as the disaster recovery and business continuity environment. Leads technical teams and is responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of the company Information Technology virtualization infrastructure, servers, hardware and applications. Responsibilities also include the planning, design and implementation of the company enterprise email system(s).
The accountabilities of this job are as follows:
1. Manage Exchange servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Exchange provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
2. Windows Infrastructure: Manage and understand Windows Active Directory, Exchange, DHCP and DNS, Windows server operating systems. Set up and change policies and parameters as needed.
3. Previous exposure and administration of virtualization technologies:
a. Design, maintain and manage all aspects of the virtualization environment to include; VMware vSphere, NetApp storage
b. Maintain a standardized server build process.
4. Continued documentation on new and existing systems.
5. Solar winds Server Monitoring and Application Performance Monitoring.
6. Veeam One systems monitoring/management of virtual infrastructure.
7. Project Management: Leads scheduled projects that require interaction between various internal customers, departments and hardware/software vendors. Provides input to project plans, work schedules and critical timelines. Ensures that deliverables are timely and project issues are resolved.
8. Business Continuity and Data Backup: Design, build and maintain the business continuity/disaster recovery plan for Exchange, VMware and Windows servers including data replication technologies and server level backups.
9. Performance and Capacity Planning: Monitor server performance and identify early indicators of server problems and capacity issues.
10. Working technical knowledge of current messaging and collaboration systems software, protocols, and standards, including Microsoft Lync, and others as assigned.
11. Knowledge of industry best practices for e-mail privacy and regulatory compliance, routing, filtering, monitoring, tiered storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
12. Strong working knowledge of patch management and change control practices.
13. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Dacotah Bank with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our Performance Standards each and every day.
The computer skills necessary to perform this job successfully are an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio; and an aptitude and willingness to learn to perform other applications as needed.
The qualifications for this job are as follows:
- Must possess an associate/vocational degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, and business experience.
- 10 years’ experience in data center systems management.
- VMware 5.5 Hypervisor platforms
- NetApp Storage Systems
- High level design and implementation experience working with Microsoft Server, 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, AD, DNS, and Group Policy.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database management.
· Working technical knowledge of clustered Exchange 2010/2013 architecture.
· Experience with high-availability design (failover systems and data replication).
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on failed components and implement corrective measures.
- Experience with formal project management principals, and experience creating and following a project plan.
- Be aware of technology advances and evaluate the potential value or lack thereof to the company. Be able to propose and present to management for consideration.
Scope and Complexity
This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has mid-level decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at supervisor level. The incumbent participates and leads meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Dacotah Bank Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
1. Moving objects weighing up to 80 pounds;
2. Requires extensive sitting and periodic standing and walking.
3. Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
4. Dexterity and Coordination;
6. Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
7. Listening and Hearing.
8. Adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
9. Requires off-site travel.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to email@example.com.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.