Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Mail Service Specialist
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 – 4; Level 2 – 6; Level 3 – 7
Report to: Mail Center Supervisor
Performs a variety of routine operation duties within the mail center. Processing of incoming, outgoing, and special mail services. Provides timely and accurate distribution of inter-office mail and mail delivery services. Implements new procedures to increase efficiency in distribution and processes. Keeps informed on changes in US Postal Service rules, regulations and rates.
The accountabilities of this job are as follows:
1) Process and mail customer statements.
2) Pickup Mail from post office.
3) Deliver mail to appropriate areas.
4) Handle UPS, Fed Ex and other carrier deliveries.
5) Prepare outgoing mail to Dacotah Bank Branches.
6) Pickup mail from each department and process outgoing mail.
7) Sorting of mail and delivering to various departments.
8) Separation of notices for Deposit Operation Department and send to various branches.
9) Maintain proper stock of mailing supplies.
10) Trouble shoot printing of statements and notices with necessary vendor.
11) Maintain the supply room and delivery of and shipping of supplies to other banks.
12) Process return mail.
13) Other duties as needed.
14) Inventory and ordering of supplies
15) Maintenance and repair of equipment
The computer skills necessary to perform this job successfully are an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio; and an aptitude and willingness to learn new applications as needed.
The qualifications for this job are as follows:
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and assist others as called for.
· Must be a self-starter, motivated and be able to work independently.
· Must be a team player
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
LEVEL 1- This is an entry level position, Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of high school
LEVEL 2- Attainment of this position will be contingent upon successful master of the skills and responsibilities inherent in Mail Service Specialist I position, if currently employed in this position, or) 3-5 years' bank mail service experience or equivalent education in mail procedures and policies.
LEVEL 3 - Attainment of this position will be contingent upon successful master of the skills and responsibilities inherent in Mail Service Specialist II position, if currently employed in this position, or) 5+ years' bank mail service experience or equivalent education in mail procedures and policies.
May have obtained a certification in the Mail Service Area.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Mail Machine Equipment
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System; and
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Sitting 20 percent of the work day;
- Standing as much as 60 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 20 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.