Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Computer Operator
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: 6
Report to: Midrange System Manager
Responsible for daily night processing of the IBM i System/AS400. Perform basic Computer Operator tasks on the IBM i System and follow daily checklist. Hours for this position are Monday - Friday 10:30 am - 7:30pm
The accountabilities of this job are as follows:
1. Responsible for daily night processing of the IBM i System.
2. Responsible for daily and weekly system backups and cleanup.
3. Able to do minor updates/fixes to hardware and software on the IBM i systems per instructions given by Midrange System Manager, Midrange System Administrator, Fiserv or other vendors as needed.
4. Understand and maintain Help Systems Robot software products used to monitor and set up daily job scheduling on the systems.
5. Be able to work with iTera our High Availability software on both the primary and backup systems.
6. Take Service Desk calls from internal end users within the banks on any equipment or software issues by logging calls and responding to them or distributing them to the appropriate resource person.
7. Keep up to date the Core Systems Guide with any changed procedures.
8. On call during night processing and respond immediately if a problem occurs.*
* We run Fiserv Signature banking software, Help Systems Automation software and iTera High Availability on our IBM i systems. This individual would be trained on these applications.
1. Available to help Midrange System Manager and Midrange System Administrator with tasks and projects.
IBM i System /AS400 Technical School Training for Computer Operator or equivalent is preferred. This individual should be dependable, meticulous, customer service oriented, have excellent communication skills and posses strong interpersonal skills in working with customer solutions. This individual must be a team player.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Dacotah Bank Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Windows, Citrix, Excel, Share Point, Internet Explorer and IBM i System/ AS400 operations.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
1. Moving objects weighing up to 80 pounds;
2. Requires extensive sitting and periodic standing and walking.
3. Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
4. Dexterity and Coordination;
6. Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
7. Listening and Hearing.
8. Adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.