Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Credit Operations Specialist
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 - 4, 5; Level 2-6, 7; Level 3-8
Report to: Credit Operations Manager
Responsible for core system loan data.
The accountabilities of this job are as follows:
- Board, maintain, and review loans on the core system to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Process and review loan payments.
- Review loan notices for accuracy and distribute to loan officers and branches.
- Review loan query exceptions and perform necessary maintenance.
- Assist bank personnel with loan system questions.
1) Daily and monthly balancing of loan general ledger accounts.
2) Perform transaction processing and maintenance on charge-off,
non- accrual and worthless loans.
3) Assist with administrative functions and other projects as needed.
The computer skills necessary to perform this job successfully are an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio; and an aptitude and willingness to learn to perform research on the Westlaw legal databases.
The qualifications for this job are as follows:
- self-motivated, detail-oriented person with excellent organizational and communication skills
- willing and able to adapt to change
- comfortable working with computers and have the technical abilities to quickly learn computer applications
- general knowledge of computer software applications including the core banking software and Microsoft Office Products will be helpful.
Level 1 - This position is entry level; incumbent will typically have 0-1 year experience in bank loan operations. Incumbent should have a one year certificate from college or technical school; three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Banking experience or knowledge is preferred.
Level 2 – This position requires 2-4 years’ bank experience or equivalent education in bank loan operations. Incumbent will have mastered or possess all skills and responsibilities inherent in the Credit Operations Specialist 1 position.
Level 3 – This position requires 3-6+ years’ bank experience or equivalent education in bank loan operations. Incumbent will have mastered or possess all skills and responsibilities inherent in the Credit Operations Specialist 2 position.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- 10 Key Calculator
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer