Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Credit Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: 20
Report to: Senior Director of Credit Administration
Provides evaluation, analysis, and approval of credit requests for both Ag and Commercial customers. Provides coaching, advice and guidance to the company’s lenders in terms of credit structure, policy interpretation, and the overall management of credit relationships. Ensures that the credit process and lending activities fall within the policies and parameters of the organizational structure.
§ Provide analysis and approval of Ag and Commercial credit requests by applying strong analytical skills
§ Recommends practices and procedures that comply with Loan Policy
§ Works toward minimizing credit risk by applying a high degree of credit quality standards
§ Have strong written and oral communication skills, including negotiating skills
§ Assists in managing the bank’s entire loan portfolio and will have an understanding of the bank’s Credit Platform.
§ Is able to work independently with minimal supervision
§ Provide coaching and mentorship to lenders throughout our footprint
§ May lead or direct the work of others
- Provides meaningful information about trends and characteristics of the loan portfolio pipeline report for each market.
- Assists in the administration of the company’s ag and commercial lending portfolios as to credit risk management loan considerations to maintain quality control and minimize losses.
- Assist in developing loan policies and ensures that deviations from policy are properly reported.
- Assists in the review and interpretation of new pending laws and regulations that potentially affect the organization’s business practices.
- Works with Regional and Market Presidents to ensure adequate training to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Assists in the coordination with internal audit regarding examination of lending practices and compliance with banking lending regulations.
§ May consult periodically on workout loan strategies to address weaknesses in a given credit
- Is a member of the bank’s Central Credit Committee
Requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of lending or credit admin experience, with both Ag and Commercial lending experience preferred. Strong leadership and communication skills required.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System; and
- Financial Spread software.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.