Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Compliance Specialist
Department: Risk Management
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1-(8,9,10); Level 2-(11,12); Level 3- (13)
Report to: Compliance Manager
Reviews and analyzes the compliance of loan documents during various reviews. Reviews and works with various aspects of compliance that may include BSA or Fair Credit Reporting Act. Assists with compliance reviews of locations including working with loans and deposits and may assist with completing the report findings.
- Compliance Reviews – Conduct compliance reviews with another team member for bank locations. Responsible for reviewing loan and deposit information to ensure compliance with regulations and internal bank procedures. Prepares working papers and selection of accounts for reviews. This function requires some overnight travel.
- Compliance Functions--Works with ongoing compliance functions to include running compliance reports and monitoring for exceptions and appropriate follow-up and other compliance related duties. May assist with various training efforts conducted by compliance department.
- Work with Specialized Compliance Areas-individuals may work with specialized areas that include working with various daily, monthly, and quarterly reports related to Bank Secrecy Act and currency transaction reports; annual reporting requirements for Bank Secrecy Act; running mid-month extracts for CRA/HMDA reporting, completing corrections, and assisting with year-end review and submission of data; or works with credit bureau and E-Oscar dispute management including completing updates and handling disputes regarding customer’s credit reports.
- Quality Reviews-Secondary Market-Performs monthly quality assurance reviews of secondary market real estate loans under the direction of the Director of Mortgage Banking as it relates to compliance. This is completed in conjunction with the internal audit department.
1. Assist with completing legal process paperwork.
2. Work with other compliance staff in performing work relating to other bank locations.
Level 1-This position is entry level; incumbent will typically have 0-5 years’ experience in compliance or related field. Banking experience or knowledge is preferred. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Mastery of level one would require demonstrated knowledge and skills to include basic regulatory compliance, experience with loan processing applications and core banking system. Performs a variety of tasks and attention to detail is important.
Level 2- This position requires a college degree and/or at least 5 years’ experience in compliance or related field. Incumbent will have mastered the duties of level 1; demonstrates initiative, has a moderate comfort level of regulations and mastery of current skills with need for moderate level of supervision. Relies on pre-established guidelines as well as individual judgment and input to perform the functions of the job. Some levels of the ABA Compliance Schools will be completed.
Level 3- This position requires a college degree and/or at least 8+ years’ experience in compliance or related field. Incumbent will have mastered the duties of level 2; demonstrates initiative, has a high comfort level of regulations and mastery of current skills with need for little supervision. Relies on pre-established guidelines as well as individual judgment and input to perform the functions of the job.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System;
- BSA Software and/or CRAWiz Software
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to email@example.com.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer