Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Deposit Operations Specialist
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 – 4, 5 ; Level 2 – 6, 7; Level 3- 8
Report to: Deposit Operations Supervisor
Under the direction of the Deposit Operations Manager this position is responsible to perform posting, balancing, and maintenance functions according to established policies and operating procedures to assure the accuracy of all recorded account entries; prepare and process appropriate correction notices and/or other required documentation.
The accountabilities of this job are as follows:
1. Balance and total all checks/deposits/withdrawal slips, cash tickets, and other records of bank transactions according to established procedures; locate and reconcile any transaction errors with appropriate personnel. Process on-us checks for all locations. Correct invalid account numbers. Process outgoing cash letter.
2. Receive and answer telephone inquiries from customers and internal staff regarding customer and bank related accounts. Assist Bank personnel with questions on the status of accounts, bank statements, charges, interest, etc. in an efficient, courteous manner providing positive employee relations.
3. Respond in a timely and accurate manner to customers inquiries and requests for stop payments, check or statement photocopy requests, customer research and balancing concerns, electronic funds transfer errors, etc.
4. Maintain confidentiality of customer account information. Follow established policies and procedures in responding to inquiries and requests.
5. Provide assistance to co-workers, other banks or customers with difficult problems or customer inquiries or problems. Ensure prompt and courteous response to customer inquiries.
6. Learn other duties in order to facilitate day to day operations of other personnel in the department.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
The qualifications for this job are as follows:
· Successful accomplishment of specified performance objectives as outlined for the incumbent by the department and/or Bank management, as applicable to the Deposit Operations Specialist position.
· Good verbal communication skills as evidenced by the ability to interact both face-to-face and over the telephone with customers and co-workers. Demonstrated ability to use discretion, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with customers and co-workers. Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
· Good math and bookkeeping skills. Detail oriented
· Good typing/spreadsheet processing and written communication skills. Working knowledge of various software.
· Good knowledge of computer system utilized to process transactions and CBS Software.
· Good work ethic. Ability to work under short time frames and deadlines for completion of work.
· Thorough knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues that affect the accounting or bookkeeping departments and the interrelationship with other departments. Ability to apply knowledge in day to day assignments.
Level 1 Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a high school education with specific courses in business math, bookkeeping/accounting, and office practices plus 1-2 years’ experience in secretarial or equivalent position.
Level 2 - 2 - 3 years' bank operations/ bookkeeping experience or equivalent education in bank operations procedures and policies.
Level 3 - 5-6 years' bank operations/ bookkeeping experience or equivalent education in bank operations procedures and policies.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer;
- 10 Key Calculator; and
- Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
1. Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
2. Sitting at least half of the work day;
3. Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
4. Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
5. Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
6. Dexterity and Coordination;
8. Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
9. Listening and Hearing
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer