Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Rapid City
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 - (8,9); Level 2 - (10); Level 3 (11)
Report to: Lender
Analyze routine financial data of clients, including financial statements and cash flows. Reports financial position and credit worthiness of customers (new and existing) and may suggest appropriate pricing to the lender. Monitors established accounts and brings irregularities to the attention of the lender.
Perform full range of duties pertaining to the credit analysis of new and existing borrowers. Analysis will be performed in accordance with established procedures and should include the following steps:
· Collect and enter customer financial data into bank’s credit platform system.
· Analyze data and prepare narrative on balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, financial ratios, and other relative data.
· Develop a conclusion or recommendation based on the analysis performed.
· Provide completed analysis to lender for review. May assist with financial analysis presentations to the loan committee as needed or requested by the lender.
· Review collateral and apply discounts appropriately.
· Assist in overall portfolio management to include past due loan management.
· Perform annual credit reviews of term credits, requesting and analyzing financial statements from customers, monitoring collateral, etc.
· Keep abreast of new developments and trends in various industries related to the loan portfolio.
- Participate in the establishment of commercial and retail lending goals and profitability objectives and in the implementation of policies and procedures to assure the achievement of those goals.
- Maintain education and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences and workshops and involvement in professional civic and community groups in leadership positions.
- Loan Administration duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or other related work experience of 3 – 5 years in business, finance, accounting or related field.
Knowledge of financial statements and ability to analyze credit worthiness.
Basic knowledge of banking laws, rules, regulations and requirements.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Proficient in using Outlook, Word and Excel.
Must be able to meet objectives, goals, and imposed deadlines with minimal guidance.
Level 1 analyst assembles, compiles, and analyzes information. Judgment is necessary in compilation and basic analysis, interpretation of results and recommendations will be made to lender. This level is designed to accommodate entry-level.
Level 2 analysts have mastered Level 1. Judgment is necessary in compilation and basic analysis, interpretation of results and recommendations will be made to lender. Level 2 analysts normally have 5+ years of experience as analyst.
Level 3 analysts have mastered Level 2. Analysts are fully experienced and able to handle all but the most complex credits. Their decisions may have a significant effect on their own functions and some monetary or other impact on the organization.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment.
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Core Banking System.
- Software Application used in Credit Administration.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least 80% of the work day;
- Standing as much as 10 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.