Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Teller
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1—(2,3,4); Level 2—(5)
Report to: Teller Supervisor
Operates a teller’s window by providing prompt, efficient and accurate customer service, representing the Bank in a courteous, professional manner, alert to customer needs and willing to cross-sell or refer the customer to the appropriate staff.
· Accepts deposits, verifying cash and endorsements, and issues receipts
· Cashes checks.
· Cross-sells the Bank’s services and products.
· Processes credit card advances.
· Redeems U.S. Savings Bonds.
· Issues money orders, bank checks, prepaid cards.
· Accepts loan payments and safe deposit box rental payments.
· Admits customers to safe deposit boxes.
· Answers customer inquiries and gives balances.
· Balances transactions at end of day and verifies cash totals.
· Provide backup to Teller function at other banking locations within the market.
- May assist head Teller in training, vault maintenance, scheduling, opening and closing.
- May act in CSR support capacity as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LEVEL 1- This is an entry level position, Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of high school (in the business/office practices, including courses in accounting or business math, sales/marketing (e.g., DECA, Junior Achievement), economics, and civics).
LEVEL 2- Attainment of this position will be contingent upon successful master of the skills and responsibilities inherent in Teller position, if currently employed in this position, or) 2 - 3 years' bank teller experience or equivalent education in bank teller procedures and policies.
· Cash handling accuracy
· Ability to operate teller terminal and other standard office equipment such as a typewriter and 10 key calculator/adding machine.
· Successful completion of teller training and any other compliance training deemed necessary by the Bank.
· Excellent Communication skills
· Detail Oriented
· Self Motivated
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Coin Machine, Automatic Currency Counter, Coin Wrapping Machine.
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, and Excel)
- Teller Software System and
- Core Banking Software.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting 10 percent of work day;
- Standing as much as 80-90 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer