Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Internal Audit Specialist
Department: Risk Management
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 – 8 9, 10; Level 2 – 11, 12
Report to: Internal Audit Manager
Job Summary: An Internal Audit Specialist’s primary function is to assist in auditing Bank policies and procedures within all Bank locations and centralized Bank functions owned by Dacotah Bank and Dacotah Banks, Inc. For each function, risks are identified and risk-based audits are performed to accomplish four major objectives: 1. Evaluate the accuracy of financial information. 2. Assess the adequacy of management’s system of internal controls. 3. Evaluate operational efficiency. 4. Evaluate compliance with Bank policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
1. Under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit and the annual audit plan, perform the following audit procedures:
a. Plan and prepare for audits;
b. Gain an understanding of the operation, policies, procedures and internal control systems;
c. Identify risk and possible areas of control concern;
d. Perform testing to evaluate the effectiveness of management’s internal controls;
e. Provide reasonable assurance of compliance with Bank policies, procedures, laws and regulations;
f. Develop and document audit work papers in accordance with department standards;
g. Professionally communicate audit results to management via discussion and a written audit report; and
h. Provide recommendations for operational or internal control improvements.
2. Perform monthly quality assurance reviews of secondary market real estate loans in accordance with investor, loan program or guarantor requirements. Provide review results in a written report to management.
3. Perform audit work that will be relied upon by the external CPA firm in conjunction with its annual audit of the bank’s financial statements and evaluations of internal controls.
4. Utilize data analysis software to analyze data, select testing samples, and assist other Bank departments as requested.
1. Assist Director of Internal Audit in preparation of annual risk assessments.
2. Perform special and nonrecurring assignments as requested by management.
3. Assist in preparation for meetings with management and the Bank’s Audit Committee.
4. Obtain specialized training relating to the banking system or the auditing profession.
5. Maintain knowledge of current developments applicable to the position in the areas of auditing, banking, regulatory compliance and technology.
Level 1 – This is an entry level position; incumbent will typically have bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related degree and 0 – 5 years of experience in audit or related field. Incumbent should have a general understanding of bank operations, good oral and written communication skills, proficient with Excel and Word and possess the ability to learn new software applications. The incumbent should be self motivated, able to work independently when needed, courteous, detailed, friendly, a team player, prompt, professional and able to meet designated deadlines. Mastery of Level 1 would also require demonstrated knowledge and skills to include performing internal audits, risk assessments and a variety of other audit functions.
Level 2 – This position will typically require a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related degree and 5 years or more of experience in audit or related field. Incumbent will have mastered all of the qualifications identified in Level 1 and should have well-developed abilities to identify risk within banks, analyze controls used, develop and perform audit procedures, develop and design audit programs, and report on audit findings.
Required travel for both Level 1 and 2 requires up to 8 to 10 weeks per year.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment.
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System (Signature);
- IDEA Data Analysis Software; and
- WolfPAC Risk Management Software.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to email@example.com.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.