Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: System Operator
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 – 7
Report to: Midrange System Manager
Responsible for the daily and nightly processing on the IBM i System/AS400. Under general supervision, provide in-house technical support for end-users of the organization's midrange, phone, video conferencing, personal computer hardware and software. Answers questions and resolves problems regarding all aspects of the organization's information systems. Participates in the evaluation of user difficulties and identifies situations requiring referral to internal or external technical, professional, or service personnel. Maintains current knowledge of information systems technology and recommends appropriate and efficient methods of utilizing available hardware and software where appropriate.
1. Responsible for daily night processing of the IBM i System.
2. Responsible for daily and weekly system backups and cleanup.
3. Able to do minor updates/fixes to hardware and software on the IBM i systems per instructions given by Midrange System Manager, Midrange System Administrator, Fiserv or other vendors as needed.
4. Understand and maintain Help Systems/Robot software products used to monitor and set up daily job scheduling on the IBM i system.
5. Monitor and work with High Availability software on both the primary and backup systems.
6. Keep up to date the Core Systems Guide with any changed procedures.
7. On call during night processing and respond immediately if a problem occurs.
8. Available to help Midrange System Manager and Midrange System Administrator with tasks and projects.
9. First level support point of contact that provides technical support to end users on technical systems that are associated with the Dacotah Bank line of business applications. Resolve or assign tickets to appropriate second level staff.
10. Works effectively as a team member of the department along with being able to clearly communicate with end users in a professional manner; adhere to ITIL guidelines for service desk personnel.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. Position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Deliver technical employee support over the phone or via email; must be able to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide range of technical problems. Ability to understand and apply technical information and master new computer technology. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, planning sessions, and supports end users system wide.
- Must possess an associate/vocational degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, and business experience.
- Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels.
- Ability to be self motivated; pay attention to detail; simultaneously handle multiple tasks; meet identified deadlines and work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on failed components and implement corrective measures.
- Ability to complete documentation in the area of systems operations and service desk.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
· Dacotah Bank deploys Fiserv Signature banking and Data Warehouse software, Help Systems Automation software (Robot) and High Availability software (Quick-EDD HA) on our System i.
- Prefer experience in IBM i activities including system operations, backup/restore and replication, but willing to train.
- Working with second level service desk in resolving software and hardware issues.
- Knowledge of basic network support, network printer, LAN printer and remote queue.
- Problem solving, analytical and communication abilities.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provide all customers of Dacotah Bank with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our Performance Standards each day.
Dacotah Bank Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
1. Moving objects weighing up to 80 pounds;
2. Sitting as much as 80 percent of the work day;
3. Standing as much as 10 percent of the work day;
4. Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
5. Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
6. Dexterity and Coordination;
8. Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
9. Listening and Hearing.
10. Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to email@example.com.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.