Safeguard Your Information
At Dacotah Bank, the security of customer information is a priority. We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
- Ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
- Passwords should be unique to you and changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
- Set up a personalized Phishing Phrase for your online banking so that you always know when you are on our secure website.
To ensure that your information is kept as secure as possible when you use the internet, we have joined with Prevx to offer you SafeOnline software free of charge.
» Protect yourself online! - Download Prevx SafeOnline for free
Identity theft is the #1 consumer complaint reported to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). One in 30 Americans is affected every year. Here are a few things you can do to avoid being a victim.
- Protect yourself from fraudulent websites and emails.
- Watch out for copycat websites that deliberately use a name or web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking through to their website and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number, or online banking information.
- Always use your pre-established links to access websites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails. If you ever receive a suspicious email representing itself as being from Dacotah Bank, Contact Us and give a brief description of your concern. Use the copy and paste functions to include the entire suspicious email in your communication with us.
- Monitor your account activity frequently using our free online and mobile banking services.
- Sign up for free eStatements to avoid having your paper statement sitting in an unsecure mailbox where it could be compromised.
- Set up free Security and Balance Alerts through online banking to be notified via phone, email or text message when there is login activity or changes in your expected balance.
Half of all identity theft is not related to financial institutions. So whether your credit card is used fraudulently, your wallet is stolen or you find yourself in a worst-case identity theft scenario — or even if you suspect someone has used your identity fraudulently — ID Reclaim can help.
ID Reclaim is an identity recovery service provided by Dacotah Bank to primary and secondary account holders with a Dacotah Bank CheckCard, a Dacotah Bank Visa credit card, or Dacotah Bank personal online banking.
Unlike other identity recovery services that provide limited assistance by phone or generic forms you have to file yourself, ID Reclaim offers fully managed care through a limited power of attorney authorization. That means a personal recovery advocate does all the legwork on your behalf — based on a plan you approve — and will report on progress along the way. Your personal advocate will be there for you until your identity is restored as closely as possible to its pre-theft status.
To learn more or report a concern, please Contact Us.
Dacotah Bank Links